Happy 4th of July all! (and its my birthday today...UGH. I am a Yankee Doodle Preppy!) In honor of my birthday and the many great Fireworks Celebrations that went to under the Hatchshell on the Charles River in Boston, I decided to make todays cocktail "The Boston Pops" Martini. The rim is coated in Cherry Pop Rocks to make it pop in your mouth like fireworks! Joe Perdicaro of the Zebra Bistro and Wine Bar in Medfield, Ma., developed this red, white and blue cocktail just for FineLiving.com, drawing his inspiration from the nearby Boston Pops and their nationally broadcast 4th of July concert and fireworks show. I just had to share this great one with our Girly-Twirly Girls!
BOSTON POPS MARTINI
2 packages cherry Pop Rocks
2 1/2 oz. cranberry vodka
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
1. Start with a chilled cocktail glass and rub the rim with a lime wedge. (or dip rim in lime juice such as Rose's).
2. Open a pack of cherry flavored Pop Rocks candy and spread on a small plate or napkin. Press rim of the glass into the candy to coat rim.
3. In a shaker filled with ice, add cranberry vodka, shake and strain into prepared glass.
4. Slowly and carefully pour blue curacao in the middle of the glass, allowing it to settle in the glass. You should have two distinct layers
5. Add a small splash of lemon/lime soda and enjoy with a sparkler in your hand.
Happy 4th all!